We are a professional development association of Second-in-Command Executives: Chief Operating Officers, Operating CFOs, General Managers, Divisional Presidents, Operating CIOs, and Executive Vice Presidents. We serve with integrity, providing value to our Members, to our Member’s companies, and to our overall business community.
- To provide a collaborative, peer learning forum of Chief Operating Officers and other Second-in-Command Executives.
- To expand individual Member’s professional development.
- To develop and share COO-specific best practices.
- To connect the greater Second-in-Command community.
- To broaden understanding and awareness throughout the greater business community of the Second-in-Command and its crucial role.
COO eForum Our private and confidential member forum featuring profiles, member contributions, a resource of business information, industry forums, jobs postings, and search.
Local Chapter Meetings where members discuss issues, share approaches and developments in their businesses, and tackle COO-specific Best Practices.
Industry Forums We will continue to evolve this offering as more Members participate and we have larger quorums in more industries.
Individual Member Support Extensive network of Second-in-Command Executives with wide-ranging Areas of Expertise support the diverse needs of each Member.
Advocacy Providing a voice, research, knowledge, and press support to those interested in a greater understanding of the COO role.
2014 BUSINESS BOOK SURVEY RESULTS
In a survey participated by senior-level executives from around the U.S., it was a Jim Collins year with both his Good to Great book #1, and he also ranked first in the favorite author category. This is the second year running for Collins to come in at the top in both book and author categories.
There were nearly 150 different titles and 50 different authors reported by the survey participants. This is a testament to the prodigious work by so many who offer this stewardship for our business community.
Here are the results:
Top 10 Business Books – CEO & COO Forum® 2014 Holiday Book Survey
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- Capital in the 21st Century by Thomas Piketty
- To Sell is Human by Malcolm Gladwell
- David & Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
- How You Will Measure Your Life by Clayton Christensen
- Drive by Daniel Pink
- Made to Stick by Chip and Dan Heath
- The Innovators by Walter Isaacson
- The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni
Top 5 Business Book Authors – CEO & COO Forum 2014 Holiday Book Survey
- Jim Collins
- Peter Drucker
- Daniel Pink
- John Maxwell
- Clayton Christensen
About the Survey:
A survey was conducted by the COO Forum® in LinkedIn Group, including COO Forum® and CEO eForum®, and email including COO Forum and CEO Forum Members. The survey took place between November 24 and December 11, 2014. The data was taken from respondents who were mostly CEOs, COOs, Business Owners, Senior Consultants, and other Senior Leaders residing primarily in the United States.
The methodology included two open-ended questions:
Question # 1: What business books would you recommend to others or are thinking about reading yourself this holiday season?
Question # 2: Who are your favorite business book authors?
Reprint permission is granted with acknowledgment to the Chief Operating Officer Business Forum, Inc.
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Bill Shepard, Founder/CEO at COO Forum® at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-292-1593.